At times you get bored cooking and eating the same thing for lunch for dinner.Same routine like chappatis with a veg. Instead for a change you can try this palak puri along with some raita or chutney to fill in your stomach.
1) 100 gms Palak (spinach)
2) 4 to5 green chilli
3) 1 tsp of ginger
4) 1 tsp of garlic
5) 2 and 1/2 tsp coriander powder
6) 1 and 1/2 tsp of salt or as per taste
7) 1 tsp turmeric powder
8) 3 cups of atta
9) warm water to knead the dough
10) 1 tsp oil for tempering
11) Few cumin stands
1) Heat a kadai on medium.Wash thoroughly the spinach and chop roughly.Slice the green chillies.Once the oil is heated, put in the green chilli and saute for 2 mins. Than add the chopped spinach and stir till the spinach is cooked. Usually spinach will reduce in size.
2) Let this mixture rest for 10mins than blend it in a mixer to smooth paste.you will get a nice thick dark green paste.
3) Again heat remaining oil in a kadai. Once the oil is heated, add cumin and turmeric. Let it saute for 1 min than add in the palak paste. Saute it for 1 min than add ginger-garlic paste, salt, coriander powder. Let it cook till the ginger-garlic raw smell goes off.
4) In a bowl, sieve the wheat flour than in goes this thick palak paste and necessary warm water to make a nice dough.
5) Roll out the small puri and fry them. Your palak pur’s are ready to be served.